- I don't have a username or password. How do I get access to the CLDS?
You must first request CLDS access through the Business Customer Gateway (BCG) (https://gateway.usps.com). After your request is approved you will be able to sign in to the CLDS with your BCG username and password. Once you have access you must then apply for a Mailer ID (MID) through the BCG.
- I can sign in to the CLDS but I receive a message saying that I do not have a Mailer Identification (MID) assigned to me. How do I get an MID?
You must log into the Business Customer Gateway (BCG) (https://gateway.usps.com) and request a MID.
- I am unable to access the Order Information page to create a new order. Why is that?
This is most likely occurring because you do not have any Mailer Identifications (MIDs) assigned to you.
- The shipping address that is listed on the Order Information page is not my correct address. How do I select the correct shipping address?
You need to go to the My Account page, which you can access from the CLDS Welcome page. From there you can either edit the address that is incorrect or create a new shipping address. You can also set any new address you create to be your default address. After you create and save the new address, it should appear of the Order Information page. Any changes you have made will be reflected there as well.
- The status of my order is listed as "Pending." When will I receive my labels?
An order is listed as "Pending" once it has been submitted to Topeka for printing. There is no guarantee as to when your labels will be printed, however, most label order are fulfilled within two weeks. Once your order has been printed the status will changed to "Filled" at which point you can expect to receive your order within a couple days.
- The status of my order has not changed from "Pending" in a long time, is this correct? Why?
There is no guarantee as to when your order will be printed by the Topeka LPC. If your order is a Bulk or DMM, order and it has been more than two weeks, call the Topeka LPC customer care center at (800) 332-0317 and choose option 1. If your order is a Collated order, there is nothing wrong. Because collated orders are recurring orders, printed every two weeks, the status will remain as "Pending" indefinitely unless the Topeka LPC is contacted to cancel the collated order.
- The status of my order is "Not Active." How do I get it to go to the Topeka Label Printing Center?
An order with a status of "Not Active" has been saved but has not been submitted to Topeka for printing. On the Order Management page, click the "Edit" link next to your order to access the Order Information page. Click the "Submit" button to submit your order to Topeka. If you look back on the Order Management page the status will have changed to "Pending."
- How long will my orders remain in the Achieved Orders folder before they are deleted?
Orders will remain in the Archived Orders folder for three years.
- Why should I add additional label lines after creating an order?
You can add additional label lines to a Bulk or DMM order up until the point it has been submitted. You can include as many label lines as you need in your order. For Collated orders, you can add new label lines at any time, even after it has been submitted. This allows you to modify a collated order that is already in the printing queue at Topeka Label Printing Center (TLPC). If the order has already been submitted, simply edit the order as you see fit and then click the "Submit" button. Any changes you make will be reflected the next time the TLPC prints your order.
- How/When will I receive confirmation that my orders have been received?
You will not receive any specific order receipt notification. Once you submit an order, it will be received and processed by the Topeka Label Printing Center (TLPC).
- How/When will I receive confirmation that my orders have been printed?
For Bulk and DMM orders, when your order is printed by the Topeka Label Printing Center (TLPC), the status of your order will change from "Pending" to "Filled." For Collated orders, because they are recurring orders that are printed every two week, the status will always remain as "Pending."
- How long will I be able to view my order if I "Save Order as Draft" on the Order Information page?
Your order will be accessible to you indefinitely when you save it as a draft. After you save the order, you may go back and work on it again at any point in the future.
- Why can I not view the CLDS User Guide?
All users will need to have Adobe Acrobat installed on their computer in order to view the User Guide. A free link to the Adobe Acrobat Reader is located on the References page or at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html. If you continue to experience difficulties, please check your browser's pop-up blocker preferences and disable any pop-up blockers.
- Why does the pop-up not appear when I click on the Label Wizard link?
If the Label Wizard pop-up does not appear, please check your browser's pop-up blocker preferences and disable any pop-up blockers.
- Why does the pop-up not appear when I click on the Lookup Links on the Label Information page?
If the Lookup Links pop-up does not appear, please check your browser's pop-up blocker preferences and disable any pop-up blockers.
- Why does the pop-up not appear when I click on the Help button?
If the Help button pop-up does not appear, please check your browser's pop-up blocker preferences and disable any pop-up blockers.
- How can I find information and definitions related to the Sort label lines?
For Sort selection lists and definitions, navigate to the Postal Explorer (http://pe.usps.com) and select the Labeling Lists link under Additional Links (http://pe.usps.com/text/LabelingLists/Labeling_Lists.htm).
- Where can I find basic USPS business mail information?
For mailers that are new to USPS business mail, the web page http://www.usps.com/businessmail101/ serves as a great starting point to learn about USPS business mail rules, regulations, checklists and reference guides.
- Can I cancel an order that has already been submitted?
Orders in the Active or Pending status can be canceled from the Order Management page.
- I am not able to locate the appropriate CIN or label attributes for me to complete my label order.
Data updates to CINs and mailer lists change on a regular and recurring basis. Until these updates are made in the systems upstream from CLDS based on a standard schedule for such changes, they will not appear in the CLDS system. If you are not able to complete your order based on the available data selections from CLDS, we will research the situation if you provide us the label attributes used when attempting to complete your label order.
- What is the Topeka (Y/N) option for?.
This option indicates if the label order will be sent to Topeka or kept locally. Setting it to Y will send the order to Topeka LPC for printing. Setting it to N will keep the order locally and that order can be printed locally.
- How do I print locally?
- Enter the Manage Orders page
- Find the oder to to be printed and enter the Order Details page (click the View Details link)
- Allow the page to access the print applet. (Wait for the page to load)
- Click the Print Local Labels button
- Select your printer
- Select your labels
- Click the Print button
- Does CLDS work with Java Rune Time Environment (JRE) 1.7?
CLDS does not work with Java Runtime Environment(JRE) 1.7, it only functions with JRE 1.6.